Basic information about Microsoft Excel
Start a new file
|1. From the File menu, select New
This option will produce the Templates dialog box which will request the template style of your choice
or (Shortcut) Hold tap N
or Click on on the toolbar
When either of the above option is chosen, the document will automatically open to the default template
Save a file
Use Save to permanently store your document as a file. You can save the file with a new name, save it to a different directory, or save it in a different format.
1. Choose Save As from the File menu
2. Select the drive where you want to save a new or renamed file
3. Select the directory where you want to save the file from the Directories list box or the QuickList
4. Type the name of the file
1. Select the file you want to replace.
2. Choose the format you want
3. Choose OK to save the file in the selected format
Switch between open documents
|Since you can have more than one file open at a time,
to move from one to another simply,
1. Point to Window on the menu bar
2. Choose the document you want from the list.
Close a file or exit Excel
|Use Close to exit the current document an leave Excel open
Excel prompts you to save any changes you have made to a document before you close or exit it
To close the current document,
1. Choose Close from the File menu option
1. (Shortcut) Hold the tap .
If you have not changed the document since the last time
you saved it, the document closes. If you have changed the document, you
are prompted to save your work
2. Choose Yes to save the changes and exit the document
or Choose No to close the document without saving it
|1. Choose Exit from the File menu
or (Shortcut) Hold tap
2. Choose Yes to save the changes to the document and exit Excel
or Choose No to continue exiting without saving the document
Adjust the view
|Use Zoom to specify the size of on-screen text and graphics.
1. From the View menu, choose Zoom
or click on the Standard toolbar.
2. Specify the zoom percentage you want, or, Margin, Page Width, Full Page, Other.
3. Click on OK or tap the Enter key
Clicking on located on the Standard Toolbar will give you a print preview of your document. You can modify your document in this view by clicking on on the toolbar. When you want to return to your working view, click on the Close button.
Have a problem and can't
find the answer on our site?
Click Here To
Want to know what people say about us? Visit our Comments page.
Let us know what you think about our site or want
to offer any suggestions.